Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another travel blog...

I guess I should start by explaining that I am a young, single (not married) grad student, that recently moved half-way across the country. My traveling experience is by no means extensive. I actually have not left the country, except for a gallivant or two across the Canadian border. That being said, I do have a decent amount of travel experience, and am fantastic at spending as little as possible while having an excellent time! Like I said, I'm a grad student, so my annual income is actually below poverty level, yet I've managed to take multiple trips over the past couple years.
I REALLY love to travel. I tend to live from one trip to the next (with lots of homework and research taking up the time inbetween). I am lucky enough to know a lot of people that are spread all over the country, so my trips are often tied in with visits to friends and family.
My goal is to visit every state. In the past two years, I've been to twenty states (some a much briefer visit than others). Despite that goal, what I really want is to see new places and fill up my life with adventures and memories.
I feel like so many people think travel is impossible because of their financial situation, and while everyone's situation is different, my hope is to point out some great options for inexpensive vacations. My adventures have been spread all over the country, but perhaps one of my fantastic vacations will be in a city nearby!
Perhaps I will be my only reader, but that's okay, because I love to reminisce about past vacations and I love to make plans for my next great vacation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment